Oct 25, 2012

My New Favorite Cooking From Scratch Recipes

I am an avid "pinner" like probably many of you out there are.  
I love, love, love Pinterest and all of the ideas I get from there.  

Lately I've been trying to learn to cook more things from scratch.  
I've found some great ideas on Pinterest 
So today I thought I'd share with you some of my most favorite "cooking from scratch" 
recipes that I've pinned and made lately.

Recipe #1:  Crockpot Applesauce.


Holy, moly this stuff is good!!!!  It tasted like apple pie filling.
Bonus:  it makes your whole house smell like fall and it's a great way to quickly use up all those apples that are in season right now.

Recipe #2:  Homemade Tortillas.

(Picture and Recipe from heart-hands-home.blogspot.com)

This tortilla mix is fabulous!  I love it because once the mix is made, it's so easy to use!
Whenever I need tortillas for a recipe or just for a quick quesadilla for lunch, all I have to do is add water to some of the mix and bake them in a frying pan on the stove.  Fresh hot tortillas are the best!  Even if just eaten all by themselves.

Recipe #3:  Homemade Maple Syrup


We've been trying to eat less cereal in the mornings, so eating homemade pancakes has become a more common breakfast food for us.  We love to add fruit and syrup on top of our pancakes and this syrup smells and tastes delish!  My three kiddos are big fans and are always very good at letting me know when we've run out.   ;)

Recipe #4:  Barley Soup


This recipe is actually for a mushroom and barley soup, but I don't care for mushrooms so I left those out.  I'd never made anything with barley before making this soup, but I loved it!  I put everything in the crock pot on low for 4-5 hours and it was so easy to make!  The whole family loved it!

......................................................................................................................................................................

Some other recipes on my list to try are:




and...


Also, last but not least, these turkey wraps (that are not completely from scratch) are delish too.  I think the laughing cow flavored cream cheese in these is what makes these wraps so wonderful.
I've been putting them in my husband's lunch for work and the first day that I made them for him I got a text that said, "These are really good!  I give them a 10 out of 10!"  

I texted him back one word. 
"Pinterest."
................................................................................
(If you're interested in finding out how to make any of these yummy foods, just click on the link right under each picture.  For the recipes I included in this post without any pictures, click on the actual name of the recipe and the link will pop up for you.)



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...